Northrop P-61B Black Widow Fighter Aircraft “Lady in the Dark” “Maj. Lee Kendall 548th NFS” (1945) “Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum” “Collector Series” 1/144 Diecast Model by Air Force 1
1000 in stock
Add to wishlist
CategoriesAircrafts and War Planes, Diecast Town
- Brand new 1/144 scale diecast model of Northrop P-61B Black Widow Fighter Aircraft “Lady in the Dark” “Maj. Lee Kendall, 548th NFS” (1945) “Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum” “Collector Series” die cast model by Air Force 1.
- Brand new box.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Includes display stand.
- Officially licensed product.
- Manufacturer’s original unopened packaging.
- Dimensions approximately Length- 4, Wingspan- 5.5 inches.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- It is a highly detailed and accurate model, perfect for collectors and enthusiasts of military history.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels, and surface details for an authentic representation of the real-life airplane.
- HISTORY ASPECTS:
- The P-61 Black Widow was a night fighter aircraft used by the United States Army Air Forces during World War II. One of the most famous P-61 Black Widows was the Lady in the Dark, flown by Major Lee Kendall of the 548th Night Fighter Squadron. The aircraft was named after the 1941 film “Lady in the Dark” starring Ginger Rogers. The Lady in the Dark was one of the most successful P-61 Black Widows, with 9 confirmed victories and several more probable kills.
- The P-61 Black Widow was primarily used in the Pacific Theater during World War II, where it was used to intercept and destroy Japanese aircraft. The aircraft was specifically designed for night-time operations, with advanced radar and other technologies that allowed it to operate effectively in low-light conditions. The P-61 was also used in Europe, where it was used to protect Allied bombers from German night fighters.
- The Lady in the Dark, flown by Major Lee Kendall, was one of the most successful P-61 Black Widows during the war, and it remains an iconic aircraft to this day. This 1:144 scale model of the Lady in the Dark is an accurate representation of the aircraft, with detailed markings and realistic features that make it a must-have for any aviation enthusiast. Whether you’re a collector or a hobbyist, this model is sure to impress. Add it to your collection today and experience the history of one of the most successful night fighters of World War II.
|Dimensions||5 × 9 × 9 cm|
- Store Name: The Vending Lot
- Vendor: The Vending Lot
1928 The Woods II
Cherry Hill, NJ New Jersey