Gloster Meteor F3 Jet Fighter 5897 M RAF Hednesford Staffordshire England “Oxford Aviation” Series 1/72 Diecast Model Airplane by Oxford Diecast
1000 in stock
Add to wishlist
CategoriesAircrafts and War Planes, Diecast Town, Ford
- Brand new 1/72 scale diecast airplane model of Gloster Meteor F3 Jet Fighter 5897 M, RAF Hednesford, Staffordshire, England “Oxford Aviation” Series die cast model by Oxford Diecast.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Comes with a display stand.
- This model does not have any openings.
- Manufacturer’s original unopened packaging.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Dimensions approximately L-6.75, W-7, H-1.5 inches.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- It is a highly detailed and accurate model, perfect for collectors and enthusiasts of military history.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels, and surface details for an authentic representation of the real-life airplane.
- HISTORY ASPECTS:
- The Gloster Meteor was the first British jet fighter and the Allies’ first operational jet. It was designed and built by the Gloster Aircraft Company, and was primarily used by the Royal Air Force (RAF) during World War II. The Meteor F3 variant was an improved version of the earlier Meteor models, and was known for its speed and armament.
- The Meteor F3 5897 M, piloted by RAF Hednesford, Staffordshire, was deployed during the Cold War era. The Meteor F3 was used primarily in air-to-air combat and as a ground-attack aircraft. Though it was mostly used for training, it was also used in limited operational roles in the early stages of the Cold War.
- The Meteor F3 was considered to be a major contributor to the RAF during the Cold War and was used extensively until it was phased out of service in the mid-1950s. It remains the only British jet fighter to have been in continuous production throughout the 1940s and 1950s.
- The Gloster Meteor F3 5897 M, RAF Hednesford, Staffordshire 1:72 Scale Model Aircraft by Oxford Diecast is a highly detailed and accurate replica of the actual aircraft. It is made of die-cast metal and plastic and is perfect for collectors and aviation enthusiasts. It is a great addition to any collection and is a must-have for anyone interested in the history of Cold War aviation and the Royal Air Force.
|Dimensions||12 × 10 × 6 cm|
- Store Name: The Vending Lot
- Vendor: The Vending Lot
1928 The Woods II
Cherry Hill, NJ New Jersey